Android 4.1 Jelly Bean : The new Android OS.
Advice: People who are deciding to buy high-end phones, should check out which phones support Jelly Bean 4.1 as it is the latest Android OS .
Don't be in a hurry to buy a high-fi phone, check & confirm Jelly Bean support on it .
The jelly bean operating system was unveiled just some days back by google. It promises an improved user interface, which includes increased performance of the phone.
Some Special features include:
- Project Butter, which speeds up the phone considerable and gives you an Anti Lag experience
- Automatically re-sizable app widgets.
- Turn off notifications on an app specific basis.
- Touch anticipation.
- Google Voice Search allows you to search super fast in seconds using your voice.
- Enhanced Vsync timing and a fixed frame rate of 60fps.
- Smoother user interface
- Vsync timing across all drawing and animation done by the Android framework, including application rendering, touch events, screen composition and display refresh
- Triple buffering in the graphics pipeline- Enhanced accessibility
- Bi-directional text and other language support
- User-installable keyboard maps
- Expandable notifications
- Shortcuts and widgets can automatically be re-arranged or re-sized to allow new items to fit on home screens
- Bluetooth data transfer for Android Beam
- Offline voice dictation
- New interface layout for tablets with smaller screens or phablets (whose screens more closely resemble that of a phone)
- Improved voice search
- Improved camera app
- High-resolution Google+ contact photos
- Google Now search application
- Multichannel audio
- USB audio (for external sound DACs)
- Audio chaining (also known as gapless playback)
- Stock Android browser is replaced with the Android mobile version of Google Chrome in devices with Android 4.1 preinstalled
- Abillity for other launchers to add widgets from the app drawer without requiring root access